Name: Christopher Speer
Age: 32
Location: Pemberton, NJ
Occupation: Unemployed for 1.5 years
Marriage Status: Affirmative. Happily married to my lovely wife Adia for 8 years.
Offspring: Affirmative. Mayden (F) age 5, Cameron (M) age 3
Interests: Music, film, reading, writing, science, health, running, watching sports (NFL).
Short-term Goals (0-1 years): Find a job, save money, write a novel, lose 20 pounds, go back to school.
Medium-term Goals (1-2 years): Run a marathon, become a dedicated reader, graduate college, continue writing with the intention of getting published.
Long-term Goals (2-5 years): Begin a career in education, buy a house, continue pursuing goals related to writing and running.
For some reason, it has never been easy for me to follow through with my plans and goals. I am extremely talented at creating goals, tasks, and plans, but when it comes to the doing part, I fail miserably. After years of reading books, blogs, and stories about how people improved their lives, I am convinced my path to success starts with creating an environment of success in my daily life. I am going to make some minor and major changes to what I do, and the way I think. I will start small with some easily attainable tasks and challenges, then progress to more challenging stuff later. I know from experience that trying to take on too much too fast will ensure my failure. I have attempted some of these changes before, with varying success.
Hopefully, blogging every step of this journey will help make it all work this time around.
No comments:
Post a Comment